The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The One That Got Away

Go down

The One That Got Away Empty The One That Got Away

Post by Stevesmith Sat May 03, 2008 11:52 pm

You know, there were at least 5 people last week who did NOT contribute to the show who said they were interested in the topic and wanted to send something. Which got me to thinking... some of our very best topics have sometimes had the least response. I think this usually happens because there are certain times of the year that are just really busy or stuff is going on and people forget about it or think there is another day left before the show. Some of you are new to the show and therefore missed out on the earlier topics. Or, of course the old standby: the dog ate your homework!

At any rate I thought this might be a good time to clean up the old business and give you all a chance to record something for one of the shows that you missed out on. If you want to peruse the list of old Stevesmith Shows over at Odeo you can read through the show descriptions and choose one that slipped past you. Maybe your thinking to yourself, "hey me, I have a lot to say on this subject and it's about time I got it off my chest!"

The topics have been many and varied! Favorite movie stars, funniest memories, dedications to someone special, a song that brings back a vivid memory from years earlier, favorite writers, poems, movies. One of my very favorite ideas was to have everyone act out a scene from a favorite movie, however there was very little participation for it. If you missed one of the sing offs, now is your chance to become a country singer, a gender bender, a Beatle or Elvis!

This should make for an interesting mix of people and styles that will be fun for our listening ears! Don't get left out this time! Wednesday night at 11pm on UK Nova Radio!
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

The One That Got Away Empty Re: The One That Got Away

Post by Stevesmith Tue May 13, 2008 8:34 am

Ironically, this show DID get away last week, due to some family commitments. But I am doing it this Wednesday night and also talking about SuperBarbra. I am hoping some of you lovelies will be joining me. Follow the link in the previous post to see some of the old show topics and chat about any one of them that you might have missed out on. Or you can just talk about the SB Project or the idea of being involved in an online project where we sort of interact and connect to each other outside of the computer box!

thestevesmithshow@gmail.com
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum