The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate Bush

2 posters

Go down

Kate Bush Empty Kate Bush

Post by 2012john Tue May 27, 2008 10:55 am

Kate Bush is a huge, if reclusive, star here in England and I know that she is not that well known in America - so I thought I'd introduce her here:-

Kate Bush is the grand dame of British pop. Born in 1958 in Bexleyheath, she is known for her unique four octave voice, idiosyncratic lyrics and eccentric performances.

Kate notoriously does things her way – from writing and performing all her music to building her own studio in which to produce it. She shuns the media and rarely tours yet has released eight albums to critical acclaim. After a 12 year hiatus, she returned triumphantly last year with a new album, Arial.

Renowned For
Whilst every other teenager in the country had a mohican, Kate pirouetted onto TV screens in 1978 clad in a leotard with twigs in her hair, singing an ode to Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights. She topped the charts for four weeks and was the first female artist to do so with a self-penned song.

Cultural Impact
Probably the only pop artist to enter the Top 20 referencing James Joyce and Gurdjieff, Kate made singing about literature cool and her pop videos into mini epics. She has influenced musicians as diverse as Tupac Shakur, Prince and Madonna.

Her fey, experimental look, coupled with her balletic dance-style, personifies the kind of ‘kooky’ British individualism for which we are famed abroad. She made wearing a leotard past the age of nine acceptable and became an object of desire for British schoolboys.

In Her Own Words
"I think quotes are very dangerous things"

Pub Quiz Trivia
Kate pioneered the celebrity cameo with Donald Sutherland appearing in the Cloudbusting video.

2012john
2012john

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://www.myspace.com/zencat24a

Back to top Go down

Kate Bush Empty Re: Kate Bush

Post by The Pussycat Tue May 27, 2008 2:07 pm

She has a good voice. Thanks for sharing with us.
The Pussycat
The Pussycat
Working the Archives
Working the Archives

Female
Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.myspace.com/queenbeezer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum