The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Got Cover(s)

Go down

We Got Cover(s) Empty We Got Cover(s)

Post by Stevesmith Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Skyping all of you has been a blast and so far is working well. I would encourage anyone who hasn't joined in the show by doing this to contact me so we can set up a time to record a conversation for an upcoming show.

This week I would like everyone to compare 2 versions of the same song. I am thinking of 2 different ways to do this. You could talk about an original version vs.the cover version of the song. Or you could discuss a studio version of a song vs.a LIVE version by the same artist. Like, do you prefer James Taylor's version of You've Got a Friend or Carol King's? What about I Heard It Through the Grapevine; Gladys Knight or Marvin Gaye? Often artists release concert versions of hit songs. i.e. Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart or Fix You by Coldplay.

This week's show is inspired by a guy I discovered deconstructing Barbra Streisand's studio and live versions of Stoney End. His name is Seth Rudetsky and I found this hilarious! Take a look at his You Tube video and you will have an idea of what I mean. It is not necessary to be as hyper or enthusiastic as Seth...but feel free if the spirit moves you while we are chatting!

I hope to talk to you all soon!

As per usual, the show is next Wednesday at 5pm CST, 11pm BST.
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down