The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novapalooza: An Appreciation

Go down

Novapalooza:  An Appreciation Empty Novapalooza: An Appreciation

Post by Stevesmith Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 pm

In one of our deep philisophical discussions which never seem to make it to the radio, me & Chimp were discussing the power of the internet and the amazing long-lasting friendships we have made with people we have met in cyberspace. It is a relatively new phenomenon to feel a closeness, a friendship, a love for people whom you have never met in person. But nowadays it is quite commonplace. All of Earth is one tiny online community.

With the winding down of another Novapalooza and the chance to meet and host Danbob and Brandy in our homes we are again reminded how online communication has shrunk the planet. Speaking personally, I am not the same person I was before I had mates around the world that I could talk to, discuss religion and politics with and find out how our cultures differ. For one thing, I never would have used the word mate to describe a friend!

With this in mind, please gather your thoughts and talk to me about your experiences with the mates you have met. Have you attended any meetups or simply met folks at a local pub to be able to put a face with the text you have come to know so well? I know some of you have either attended a Novapalooza or a Streisand fan meetup. Think about the expecatations you had of the people you were meeting vs. the reality of who they were. We have a lot to say about this and hope you do too.

The Novapaloozas we have hosted have been some of the greatest joys me & Chimp...and Mrs Chimp and our families have experienced and we cannot wait to do it again next year! Thanks to all of you who have attended both in person and online. On tomorrow night's Smith show please tell us what they have meant to you.
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down