The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musical Roots

2 posters

Go down

Musical Roots Empty Musical Roots

Post by Stevesmith Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:53 pm

In grade school we had this music teacher named Mrs. Vose who always asked questions in song and requested that we answer in return. I wonder if Ellen remembers this? After a break she would sing "whaaat did you-dooooo on yo-or va-caaaaaa-shonnnn?" And we had to answer "I rode my bi-iiii-kke!" or "I we-ent swiiiii-ming!" We all giggled and felt like jackasses and groaned to each other about how dumb this was. But I was thinking about what good preperation this was for doing UK Nova Radio. We were forced to let down our inhibitions in a silly way and since everyone had to do it, it created a goofy cameraderie that bonded us all together.

In a couple of weeks we are going to do our fall singoff. I thought maybe some memories like this might be a good lead-up to it. Do you remember being embarrassed about something that was required as a kid? Did you have any musical training that has stayed with you? Take piano lessons? Guitar lessons? If so, do you still tinker and would you like to share a bit of your tinkering with us? Feel free to sing me your answers, by the way.

I will also be playing a couple of aspiring singers who are not yet famous...but should be. They are also FOUKN's (Friends of UK Nova!) I will play some Mandyleigh Storm as per requested by a UKN member Stormz69. My good friend Gena Bilder who got married this week and had a name change will also be singing.

Let's Skype about our love of music, our (ahem) training and the joy of us all singing and laughing together.
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Musical Roots Empty Re: Musical Roots

Post by The Owl Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:53 pm

sounds like a good topic steve. I'll try to skype w/ you on Tuesday
The Owl
The Owl
Fu Manchu Evil Chinese Genius
Fu Manchu Evil Chinese Genius

Male
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2007-12-22

http://www.myspace.com/bjstreisand

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevesmith Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Hope to talk to you Chris. I 'did' Brandy last night! I will keep my eye out for ya!
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down