The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empathy

Go down

Empathy Empty Empathy

Post by Stevesmith Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:01 pm

If one good thing comes out of the holiday season, perhaps it's that for a few weeks or even a day people have a bit more empathy for their fellow human beings than at other times of the year. For example, World Aids Day falls this week and hopefully we can all take some time to think about what we can do to help alleviate this disease or at the very least give support or comfort to one who needs it.

For this week's show I'd like to discuss your ideas for what we can all do to make our planet a little nicer place to live. Could be dropping money in the Salvation Army can or helping out someone who is confined to their home or in need of a friendly ear. On Chimpcasting we have talked a lot about the idea of "service to community," in exchange for education or some such. As concerned citizens and caring people, what ideas come to your minds as far as helping others and giving our time and resources to our communities?

Please join us on Wednesday's Smith Show and be sure to wear your red ribbons, pink ribbons and multi-colored ribbons to show support to everyone who needs it. Send me your thoughts in an mp3 or join me via Skype for a recorded conversation.
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum