The Owl and The Pussycat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Show About the new CD?

Go down

A Show About the new CD? Empty A Show About the new CD?

Post by Stevesmith Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:10 pm

As we have all seemed to have drifted off in different directions and I am not doing very regular radio shows, I thought I'd run this idea past all of you first.

Since there has been so much hoopla and the reviews have been so good for Barbra's new CD I thought I might put together a show centering around Love is the Answer and the Village Vanguard performance. But I don't want to do it without all of you. The only way for it to be really fun is if we all talk about the CD and the various songs we like or dislike. We could discuss the differences between the 2 versions of each of the songs, giving our personal preferences.

If we do this, I will pre-record all the Skype calls ahead of time for the show. We might even try to do a conference call so we could have a round table discussion about the CD. If anyone doesn't have Skype you could record yourself giving your review of the CD and send it to me.

Aside from being fun to be able to all talk to each other and hear each other's voices I think this would make a good show because it seems to be sort of a watermark in Barbra's career. Just as The Broadway Album was a return to her theater roots, this is a return to her club roots and the kind of music she started doing at the beginning of her career.

Thoughts? Opinions? Wanna put on a show with me kids?
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

A Show About the new CD? Empty Re: A Show About the new CD?

Post by Stevesmith Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Alrighty then. Obviously people are not flooding this forum with posts! LOL. Have y'all ever known me to be a quitter? No! I am back to say that the Love is the Answer radio show will be next Wednesday, October 14th! So I am posting here so that if any of you who don't see the email or the invite on Facebook my happen through here, you will know that I am accepting your CD reviews at thestevesmithshow@gmail.com right up until show time. Of course, the sooner the better so I can fit them all in and have appropriate songs ready to play.

As always, if you have Skype and prefer to do your part as a conversation with me that would be lovely as well. Please email me or leave me a message as to what time you might be available to record a call with me.

The couple files I have gotten so far are very nice. It would be fantastic to represent a variety of countries and parts of the United States to show the range of Streisand fans that exist!
Stevesmith
Stevesmith
Radio Guru
Radio Guru

Male
Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down